Monday, May 7, 2012

Turning into a Blueberry

If a needle enters my body and bruise is sure to follow.  A little over a year ago I had to do a heart bubble test and my arms ended up looking like this:





On Friday I had an arterial blood gas draw/test. An arterial blood gas draw is painful.  They have to access an artery in your wrist.  After two shots of numbing drugs and then the IV cath this is what my arm looks like. 

1 day post arterial blood gas draw
A little bit of bruising starting.  You can see I even had bruising and swelling down into my arm.

By yesterday (2 days post test) it was looking icky:

Yep, even my hand is bruised now.  

It is a touch tender.  I can't use a raised mouse pad or lay it directly on my wood rocking chair arm.  
I am hoping it will fade sooner than later.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...