Monday, February 6, 2012

Casserole Cozy

I needed a practical gift for Hubby's aunt's birthday.  I came up with something.... finally!  A casserole cozy.  I saw a "placemat version" at this blog.  I made mine from scratch.... 5X5 blocks.

This is the top


.... the bottom


I added some padding (a kitchen towel) to the bottom layer. It is all sewed down so that it won't move when a casserole is added. I wish I would have had a different color towel but this one is thick and fit perfect. 

I added a coordinating ribbon to the open end so that it the casserole won't fall out.

Here it is untied.  

 The cozy will hold a 9X13 casserole dish or baking pan.  I might have to make one of these for myself.

This post is participating in Craft and Tell Party @ Cherished Bliss 
This post is participating in Handmade Tuesday @ Ladybug Blessings
This post is participating in Tuesday Confessional @ Confessions of a Stay at Home Mom
This post is participating in Sew Cute Tuesday @ Creative Itch

1 comment:

  1. I definitely need one of those at Thanksgiving. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...