Saturday, March 30, 2013

Drug Holiday

I am officially on a drug holiday.  Sunday, I hit my breaking point with the migraines.  I had one regular migraine in the morning... treated it with Advil and then.... by late afternoon I had an ice pick migraine.  Enough to make a person go crazy.  I had bloated beyond feeling human.  My joints were no long working... almost frozen.

Fast forward almost  a week and no MAC drugs... I am a new person.  My headaches are so much better.  I had a dull headache on Friday and I had a large glass of water and it was gone in a short while.. no pain pills or dark room.  The swelling in my joints and limbs is almost gone. Hubby says I look like my old self again.

It just dawned on me.... my scalp doesn't itch as bad as it has for the past 6 months.  Those icky medications!!!

My joints are so much better.  I can get in and out of my chair without help.  I can climb stairs without having to grip the railing.  To that I say "SWEET!!"

We will see what the docs decide in another week....

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...