Saturday, November 12, 2011

Car Lap Napkins

My dad drives a lot for his work.  He sometimes has to have lunch (or supper) in his car between appointments.  I thought I would make him some lap napkins so that he can eat but keep his clothes clean. I made him two napkins... one for him and one for my mom (if she goes with him).

My sewing machine does embroidery.  I got to save my hands and wrists this time.






I made these lap napkins out of flour sack towels. I cut one in half and then hemmed the raw edge.  
They are long enough to cover the lap and the sides of the legs.  

If they get dirty... just throw them in the washing machine.  

2 comments:

  1. What a great idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! These would be good gifts for on the go families also.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...