Saturday, October 1, 2011

Set things straight....

First of all let me introduce you to our pup... Daisy.  She is our goth puppy that we rescued.  Why goth??  She always looks like she has black eyeliner on and she wears a studded collar.  When I play "my music" she likes to dance with me.

What do I want to get straight???  I am not a typical mom.  In some regards I am.... I cook, I clean, I handcraft most of our gifts.  In other regards I am definitely not.  I have tried but it doesn't work.  I sit in a chair for 1 hour a day doing lung treatments and spend at least 2 weeks out of the year in the hospital hooked up to IV antibiotics.

I have tried writing a fancy domestic blog but the reality is.... I don't have a fancy house.  A lot of times it is a mess... and I am on the couch taking a nap. I don't cook elegant desserts or set fancy tables to entertain company.  We eat off of "plain jane" white plates and eat crockpot meals.  You won't find my cupboards filled with fancy dishes.... I do have a few antiques dishes that I love.

You will find me most days sitting on our homeschool room  floor going over lessons with my son or dancing with with him to music by Linkin Park.

I have horrible icky lungs... I cough alot.  My  pancreas is  pretty much dead.... I have diabetes.  The hospital and clinic are my second home.

I will share some of the wisdom that I have come across... Please don't anticipate this blog to be what you normally see on "mom blogs" or "home and garden blogs".  Remember.... I don't always get enough oxygen.  I do things a little bit different.... and I love it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...