Thursday, January 12, 2012

Rice Bags

I have seen these in various places on the internet (blogs).  My grandmother and I used to make these for family and friends.



Rice Bags... put them in the microwave for a minute and then place them on arthritic joints or pulled muscles.

This is the heatable part... the bag with the rice. 
I used cotton sheet material for the bags.  Kiddo filled them with several cups of white rice.

I am a huge fan of flannel so I cut out strips of it for the covers.

Here is the cover all sewn up and the rice bag all cozy inside

I always sew an inner flap for the bags... I think it helps keep them inside the covers better.  

If the cover gets dirty, just toss in with a load of laundry and when it is dry just put it back on.  

I now need to make 3 more covers and they will be ready for gift giving.  (I am keeping one for myself... should feel just lovely on my shoulder or leg).

This post is participating in Made U Look Linky Party @ Made In a Day
This post is participating in Home Sweet Home Party @ The Charm of Home
This post is participating in Feathered Nest Friday @ French Country Cottage
This post is participating in Potpourri Friday @ 2805

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...